Video captures a near-death shooting of a police officer


Dramatic video recorded by a pair of eyeglasses with a camera in them captured the moment a SC officer was shot at least three times on New Year's Day in 2016.

When he refuses to slow down or even take the mobile phone from his ear, Officer Smith pulls out his taser.

At that point, the video shows Orr quickly drawing a 9mm handgun and firing multiple times - even as he kept the cellphone to his ear with his other hand.

The dramatic moment a SC police officer was shot was caught on camera and the video was released to the public on Thursday.

Dispatch informs all available units to respond to the area, as Smith tells them he's been hit in the neck.

Bullets broke two bones in Smith's arm, severed a vein in his neck, and passed through his upper torso.

The jury deliberated for less than 45 minutes before coming back with a guilty verdict.

Scaramucci to appear on 'The Late Show with Stephen Colbert' next Monday
Okay? The United States, we sanction a lot of other countries, okay? "It's gonna be fun", Colbert said of his upcoming chat. The Mooch also accused reporter Lizza of recording his now infamous New Yorker interview without his permission.

"Tell my family that I love them", Smith says to a dispatcher after frantically running back to his police vehicle, covered in blood. Orr continues to fire rounds at Smith as he goes to the ground, eight shots in total, before he flees.

The South Carolina officer survived, and months later, while giving evidence against Orr - the man who tried to kill him - Mr Smith described the camera glasses as the best $30 (£23) he had ever spent.

According to the the solicitor's office, Smith was shot four times while responding to the call. "I'm still trying to heal up injuries to my arm", Smith said. Some of the shots came as he was already wounded on the ground.

"Take your hands out of your pocket!" the officer can be heard saying in the footage.

Orr was convicted of attempted murder and possession of a weapon during commission of a violent crime, reported the Charlotte Observer. "Stay with me, man", as he struggles to figure out how he can best help Smith, who goes to the ground outside his patrol vehicle.

But Smith said he forgives Orr - and even prays for him and his family.

His hands can be seen covered in blood as he desperately radios for help, and shortly after he is assisted by a man identifying himself as J Tompkins, who pleads: 'Stay with me'.