Mohammed Haris Nalapad expelled from Cong for assaulting businessman


Bengaluru, Feb 20 Days after a ruling Congress MLA's son allegedly assaulted a man in a brawl, another party local leader has courted trouble for splashing a combustible liquid in a city corporation office and threatening to set it afire. Mohammed Nalapad has been accused of assaulting Vidvat Lokanath after an altercation at the eatery at 10 pm on Saturday. This did not prevent the BJP from calling the incident an example of "lawlessness" in the state under Congress.

Nalapad and his supporters are believed to have also visited Vidvat at the hospital and warned him against filing a complaint.

A police inspector was also suspended for dereliction of duty in the assault case.

Nalapad is alleged to have severely assaulted another guest whose broken leg, set in a cast, had been pointed at him. The victim was rushed to the nearby Mallya Hospital for treatment, but the group reportedly followed him there and allegedly beat him up again.

"I am appalled at and strongly condemn the ghastly attack by MLA N A Haris son on innocent Vidwath".

Mohammad Nalapad, also the general secretary of Bangalore District Youth Congress was sacked from the party on Sunday after news about him beating a man broke out.

Steam Lunar New Year Sale
We've heard that players wanted to see a few key pieces of information on their wishlist and more ways to sort and filter. The Wishlist can also be sorted by tags or genres, so now Steam displays the top-ranked tags for each item on the list.

The victim, identified as Dollars Colony resident Vidwath, was having dinner at a high-end restaurant in UB City when Mohammad Nalapad and his friends walked in at 11:30pm.

"The police have not imposed IPC section 307 (attempt to murder) in the FIR against Mohammed despite availability of CCTV footages of attack", Vidvat's father said.

Earlier on Sunday, Harris claimed that he was not aware of his son's whereabouts. "His phone is switched off. Let the law take its course", the MLA said.

He had surrendered before the police yesterday.

Karnataka chief minister Siddaramaiah on Sunday, taking cognisance of the incident, said that "offenders should be punished to the full extent of law regardless of who they are".