Nigeria gives description of 110 missing schoolgirls


The school is only 275 kilometers from Chibok, where Boko Haram militants kidnapped almost 300 girls from a school in 2014.

The latest mass abduction is a major challenge for President Muhammadu Buhari, who has called the Dapchi kidnappings a "national disaster" and vowed that no effort will be spared to locate the girls. In carrying out its mandate to counter terrorism and insurgency in North East Nigeria, Operation Lafiya Dole has been alive to its responsibilities vis a vis the fight against Boko Haram insurgents.

Without education, children are at risk of being seen as an ideal recruitment pool for extremist organisations or criminal gangs, their chances of employment are severely limited and the chance of them ending up in child marriages or with teenage pregnancies is significantly higher, it added.

On February 19, 2018, the terror group Boko Haram stormed the school and whisked the girls away.

"We still have over 100 girls that are unaccounted for".

"My daughter Aisha Kachalla is missing and we can't get any information from school because soldiers are all over there", said Manzo, who is also the newly elected head of the parent's association.

The people did not only boo the number one citizen of the state but threw stones and risky objects at his convoy, resulting in the destruction of some vehicles. Troops were redeployed to support comrades stationed on the border with Niger, it said in a statement.

Syrian Kurdish Leader Freed From Czech Detention
Following decision, Turkey's ambassador to Prague , Ahmet Necati Bigali, said: "We are not happy with this verdict". The groups say they are independent.

"It is very hard to describe how I am feeling as a woman and as a mother for the abducted Yobe girls after the sufferings during the Chibok girls, but I am optimistic that they will be rescued within a short time", she said.

"The attention of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has been drawn to a statement being circulated to the effect that 100 NAF aircraft had been deployed in search of the missing Dapchi girls".

The military has come under public criticism since Governor Ibrahim Geidam of Yobe State first raised the allegation on February 24 that the military abruptly withdrew from Dapchi a week before the attack.

Recall that the military on Monday stated that it handed over to the police for protection of the area before the incident occurred.

The police have rejected the allegations, saying the military did not "formally hand over the security of the town to them".

The Army insisted that the police should be responsible for communities that have never been attacked before by insurgents, like Dapchi, and communities that were once Boko Haram strongholds but had since been liberated.